Pig trapping publications launched
November 24, 2016
Supported by funding from the Australian Government's National Landcare Program, and Queensland Government's NRM Funding.
“Trapping feral pigs on the Cassowary Coast: a practical guide” is a new publication which was recently launched in Far North Queensland.
- Terrain organised the Feral Pig Trapping Workshop in the Cassowary Coast in Dec 2015 to get stakeholders and land managers together to share knowledge on managing feral pigs. This provided good background info for the guide.
- Terrain, Cassowary Coast Regional Council and Queensland National Parks provided advice to the Dpt of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) for the publication.
- Terrain facilitated Traditional Owner input by putting DAF in touch with Mamu / Ma:mu - Rainforest Aboriginal people and others.
- Terrain emphasised the importance of good information on #cassowaryfriendly pig management.
- Terrain's #TonyOMalleyWT said, "Terrain applauds DAF for the booklet and will help distribute and promote it."
Free copies are now available from Terrain’s Innisfail office, or download your online version here.
Contact email@example.com or 4043 8000 if you'd like a copy.