Terrain NRM works with the Wet Tropics community to promote sustainable use of land and waterways, protect environmental values and support healthy, productive and viable communities and industries.
This work is guided by the Wet Tropics Plan for People and Country. Building strong partnerships, Terrain NRM works at a whole of landscape scale, from the paddock to the reef. Terrain NRM is an independent not-for-profit organisation.
Current Employment Opportunities
We are currently looking to fill various roles within two major Reef projects that Terrain is involved in. Some of these roles will be based within our partner organisations rather than being directly employed by Terrain.
- Manager (WTSIP) - Lead the team delivering the Reef Trust III program in the Wet Tropics cane industry
- 2 x Regional Extension Officers (WTSIP) - Provide specialized advice, training and mentoring to District Extension Officers working with cane growers
- 4 x District Extension Officers (WTSIP) - Provide extension and training support to help cane growers adopt different farming practices to improve water quality flowing to the reef
- 2 x District Extension Officers (WTMIP)- Provide extension and training support to cane and banana growers in the Johnstone and Tully catchments
- 1 x Agribusiness Extension Officer (WTMIP) - Provide extension and support to farmers and explain the new ecosystem services and Reef Credits systems
For position descriptions, visit Rimfire Resources.
Subscribe to our Careers Bulletin