MOBILISING THE MURRAY & MOSSMAN
BOOSTING PROGRESS TO REEF 2050 TARGETS
This project is building on previous projects to support sugarcane growers in making land management practices to improve productivity and reduce nutrient runoff from farms.
Good progress has been made in these basins to date and the goal of this project is to provide an extra boost so they can meet their Reef 2050 Plan catchment targets.
- Agricultural extension support to growers
- Focus on identifying and addressing crop constraints
- Water quality monitoring and on-farm treatment of runoff
Murray and Mossman catchments
Achievements so far
- Extension officers are working with growers in both catchments on nutrient management plans and also delivering workshops and paddock demonstrations
- ‘RSD-Free by 2023’ initiative has been launched in the Mossman to address Ratoon Stunting Disease.
This project is funded by the Australian Government’s Reef Trust Phase VII program and will run from January 2021-June 2023.
THE PROJECT IN ACTION