Terrain NRM Annual General Meeting
Date: Tuesday 24 November 2020 (4pm)
Location: Terrain’s Innisfail Office
The Annual General Meeting is an important opportunity for the Terrain Board and staff to inform and catch up with members on the activities of the year and future priorities. The voting for Standing Independent Selection Panel Members – Indigenous Representative, Conservation Representative and Independent Chair will take place, along with the endorsement of the Chair and two Board members. Further details will be circulated closer to the date of the meeting.
Vacancies for Chair & Directors – Calling for nominations
The terms of the Chair and two Directors conclude at this year’s AGM. We encourage a wide range of applicants and if you know of candidates for the Board please encourage them to apply. Nominations for Board vacancies open 5 September 2020 and applications close at 4.30pm on Friday 2 October 2020.
The Board of Terrain is appointed:
- to provide purpose, leadership, direction and strategic vision
- to ensure all legal and financial responsibilities are met and that finances are sound and operations are legal
- to carry out risk management
- to select and oversee the CEO
- to evaluate and improve its own effectiveness through the establishment and implementation of Terrain’s Strategic Plan. The Board seeks to ensure that Terrain’s legacy is a stronger and healthier Wet Tropics community and landscape.
Vacancies for Standing Independent Selection Panel (SISP) – Calling for nominations
The Standing Independent Selection Panel (SISP) is an independent committee established from our members to undertake the selection of Terrain’s directors. The terms of the current Indigenous Representative, Conservation Representative and the Independent Chair conclude at this year’s AGM. It is important that members nominate appropriate candidates for the vacancies. The current Standing Independent Selection Panel Members can be viewed here. Nominations open on 5 September 2020 and close on 12 October 2020.